Volunteers are the force of our organisation and without them we would not be able to deliver the level of service we offer. Becoming a volunteer may seem a little daunting, but don’t worry, you will be joining a supportive and friendly team.
Whatever your interests, experience or skills, we have a role for you, and we will train, mentor and support you in whatever role you chose to do.
We are seeking a qualified accountant who may be interested in becoming our trustee specialising in finance.
We are currently recruiting for our next intake of volunteer advisers. The course will start in the Autumn 2020, but if you are interested we would welcome applications now. Once we have your application we will provide you with more information about the role.
Depending on the role you’re interested in you will go through different steps to becoming a volunteer with us.
For all roles you will receive full training in the skills you need – volunteers are supported and supervised throughout their time with us, so you’re never alone.
What does it take to be a volunteer?
You don’t need specialist skills or knowledge.
- Listen with care and attention to details
- Put people at their ease and help them explain their problems clearly
- Be non-judgmental and open- minded
- Read and write English and do basic arithmetic
- Use a computer and the internet with confidence
- Learn new skills and commit to completing the foundation training course
- Agree to carry out your role in accordance with the aims, principles and policies of Citizens Advice Taunton