Volunteers are the force of our organisation and without them we would not be able to deliver the level of service we offer. Becoming a volunteer may seem a little daunting, but don’t worry, you will be joining a supportive and friendly team.
Whatever your interests, experience or skills, we have a role for you, and we will train, mentor and support you in whatever role you chose to do.
We are seeking a qualified accountant who may be interested in becoming our trustee specialising in finance, and we are pleased to say our next volunteer adviser course will be running in mid-January 2020. You can apply for these roles below.
Depending on the role you’re interested in you will go through different steps to becoming a volunteer with us.
For all roles you will receive full training in the skills you need – volunteers are supported and supervised throughout their time with us, so you’re never alone.
What does it take to be a volunteer?
You don’t need specialist skills or knowledge.
- Listen with care and attention to details
- Put people at their ease and help them explain their problems clearly
- Be non-judgmental and open- minded
- Read and write English and do basic arithmetic
- Use a computer and the internet with confidence
- Learn new skills and commit to completing the foundation training course
- Agree to carry out your role in accordance with the aims, principles and policies of Citizens Advice Taunton